Friday, May 29, 2009

TEA FOR TWELVE

Kid birthdays. I'm over them and I've only had one. My daughter never wanted to have any parties because she didn't want to share any of the cake. Fine by me. Store bought Cinderella cake, stuffed animals as guests, a few balloons. Done. What a difference a year makes. By the time she turned 4 she wanted a party. With real friends. 
Now I would love to be the mom who can have 12 4 year olds in my house eating cake, dropping cake, touching furniture with frosted laden hands, but I'm not. So we needed a venue that could accommodate a girlie 4 year old who likes to dress up, drinks tea and  loves cake. A lot of cake. The Wenham Tea House in MA was just the place. Little tea sandwiches, chocolate covered strawberries, tea, and a beautiful, delicious pink cake. For party favors we got little straw hats and decorated them with ribbon and flowers and voila,,, a tea party. And all I had to do was show up,, no set up/clean up required. Happy Birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment