Monday, March 22, 2010

SUPERSTAR

I've decided not to read any of the trash magazines anymore and here's why. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to keep celebrities on a well polished and air brushed pedestal where they belong. I like to see the beauty and the fantasy of their acting lives as well as their meticulously scripted private ones. It works and I'm willing to go along with it. I don't need to see the ugly underbelly of drugs, cheating, or bad hair days. Do you? Do any of us really feel any better seeing them fall apart or endure a painful breakup? Reality bites.

3 comments:

  1. I gave them up 2 years ago and I find it soooo relieving to not be concerned with anything other than their red carpet appearances, movies, concerts, and tv shows. I especially hated seeing pics of them with their children, where they look like they want to just kill the paparazzo. It feels very invasive and weird to be SO involved in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it. It's like a stress relief not to see that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave them up too and yes, feel good that I don't know who's back in re-hab, who had a "wardrobe malfunction," and who's house is on the market for $20million, etc. But now I find I have no idea who any of the American Idol contestants are anymore. I don't know who the stars of Disney shows are either. Is this a loss? I think not.

    ReplyDelete