Tuesday, June 9, 2009

THAT'S THE SPIRIT


It only took 37 years and a 20th high school reunion, but better late than never, right? I'm officially a beer drinker. Given that most 10 year olds have had more sips of beer or wine out of their parents' glasses than I have as an adult,, this is fairly monumental. My issue wasn't a moral one, it was a taste one. I never met a drink I liked. Wine, champagne, mixed drinks, beer,, didn't matter. Unless they were disguised with heavy doses of chocolate or whipped cream, I wasn't drinking it. But then, a beer drinking event hosted by a fellow alum at Northfield Mount Hermon changed it all. Dogfish Head's Festina Peche. It was so refreshing, so easy to drink, I found myself confiscating the entire bottle. Yes, I realize I was only supposed to have a taste but I'm making up for lost time, okay?
If you can't get to the Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats in Rehoboth, DE then you can certainly find their specialty brews in your local liquor store. 
Cheers, class of '89.


1 comment:

  1. Um, I recently discovered this beer too and it is so good (and different!) Love it!

    ReplyDelete